(The cliffs at nearby Pett Level)
Midweek Break: Why not take advantage of the varied landscapes of East Sussex and Kent, and enjoy a Midweek Break at The Mermaid Inn. Experience a unique visit:
- staying in an Inn rebuilt in 1420
- enjoying fine dining
- the cosiness of the Giant’s Fireplace Bar
- the peacefulness of the two guest Lounges.
The Mermaid offers a perfect retreat, from which to explore the Medieval Citadel of Rye;
- St. Mary’s Church
- The Ypres Tower
- Lamb House – formerly the home to writers such as Henry James and E.F. Benson
The history and scenery of 1066 Country;
- Visit the battlefield of 1066
- Visit Batemans the former home of Rudyard Kipling
The contrast of the Garden of England and The Romney Marsh.
- Visit Europe’s only “desert” at Dungeness
- Ride on the Romney, Hythe & Dymchurch Railway
- Discover the churches and inns of the Romney Marsh
The offer is available from Sundays to Thursdays for 2 or more nights from May 1st 2023.
Double room (Dinner, B&B)
From £240 per person
- Accommodation in a Double room
- Breakfast included
- Three-course dinner in the AA two Rosette-awarded restaurant
- Check-in at 2pm and check-out at 11am